Happy Birthday! Demi Lovato is turning 22 today. Though she is young, Demi has accomplished a lot and overcome much adversary in the last 22 years.
Here is our list of 22 things Demi can be proud of this year:
22. Demi landed her first TV role at 10 years old, on the TV show Barney & Friends.
21. She became a Disney Channel Star, on shows like As the Bell Rings and Sonny with a Chance.
20. Her first album made it to Number 2 on the Billboard Charts.
19. Demi used her struggles to try and help others. Demi was outspoken about her trouble with her eating disorder and mental illness in an effort to inspire others suffering.
18. Demi had guest appearances on hit TV shows like Prison Break and Just Jordan, before she became a pop star.
17. She created the Lovato Treatment Scholarship Program to help mentally ill patients pay for treatment.
16. She starred in the made for TV move Camp Rock, the movie premiered with 8.9 million viewers.
15. In 2011, she guest starred on Grey’s Anatomy and won Favorite TV Guest Star at the People’s Choice Awards for it.
14. Her video for “Skyscraper” won Best Video With a Message at the 2012 VMA’s.
13. She appeared on the hit musical TV show Glee.
12. Along with Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez and The Jonas Brothers, she recorded “Send It Up” a charity song to benefit environmental organizations.
11. She was a judge on hit show The X Factor.
10. Over the years Demi has won 12 Teen Choice Awards.
9. She had a number 1 album with her second album Here We Go Again.
8. Unlike many other young pop stars, she writes a lot of her own music.
7. She has made it onto Maxim’s “Hot 100″ and FHM’s “100 Sexiest Women”.
6. Demi has many causes she supports, she was the spokesman for the organization PACER which fights bullying.
5. In 2012 she won the People’s Choice Award for Favorite Pop Artist.
4. In addition to singing, Demi can play the guitar, piano and the drums.
3. She is currently out on her 4th headlining tour, Demi World Tour.
2. Demi has sold more than 8 million albums.
1. She has a dedicated fan group who call themselves “Lovatics”; even they have won awards including MTV’s “Last Fan Standing” contest in 2012.
We are sure we will see a lot more from Demi in the coming year. We hope she takes a break to celebrate today.
You can celebrate with her by listening to all your Demi Lovato songs on Tour Music.